Thursday, April 2, 2009

Not the first attempt at blogging

I've tried blogging once or twice, and didn't keep up with it either because I forgot my password, couldn't get back in to the site, or just didn't have anything to say because of my dull life.

I've done a little bit of travelling. A lot of driving around the United States, into Canada, and a summer spent in Leningrad, Russia before it reclaimed the name St. Petersburg. Hence the title 4762 Miles to St. Petersburg, Russia. I haven't travelled as much as many other travellers and business people and, to some extent, I envy them. Some travellers never get to see much of where they've been, and others learn and enjoy so much from their journeys. I envy those who can absorb their environs.

My political views are liberal but I am not a Commie. I practice Theravada Buddhism. I am fascinated with the occult, but fall just as much in love with the more practical sides of life, and the observation of our economy. I love rock 'n' roll and the blues, and I love playing my guitar. I love beautiful women, but become utterly speechless when in their presence, awed by their beauty and guilt-ridden by the way I either unintentionally ignore them, or am too afraid, for some reason or other, to maintain a relationship. These days, I seem to be content with just admiring them.

I'm just like millions of people. There are millions with each of those traits, and I'm just another one of them. God, what a dull guy!


Hopefully this blog will develop into something interesting. If anything, I want it to turn into an experience of self-discovery and a vehicle by which I can share my thoughts, and it will resonate with others. Maybe someday I will say, "Hey! I'm not that dull, after all!"

This post may start out as the simple ramblings of just a simple man. But hopefully it will develop into the interesting ramblings of a simple, BUT interesting man.

2 comments: